10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.
9. Beer doesn’t tell you how to have sex.
8. Beer has never caused a major war.
7. They don’t force Beer on minors who can’t think for themselves.
6. When you have a Beer, you don’t knock on people’s doors trying to give it away.
5. Nobody’s ever burned at the stake, hanged or tortured over the brand of his Beer.
4. You don’t have to wait 2000+ years for a second Beer.
3. There are laws saying Beer labels can’t lie to you.
2. You can prove you have a Beer.
1. If you’ve devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.
Some may think this a bit sacrilegious, but admit it: it’s funny.
I pass it along because, even if you wince more than you laugh, it reminds you of the way much of the world views religion. And if we hope for the Spirit to empower us for something better and more inspiring, we won’t get there if we can’t laugh at ourselves.
Craig J. says
Just one of the many reasons why I’m one of your “groupies”!
Liz Anderson says
Two questions. 1) Where did you get that picture?! and 2)Do you think that would be a good devotional for my Bible study group? I especially like #3 You can prove you have a Beer-unless of course you already DRANK it.
The icon came from–believe it or not–Googling “Beer and Religion.”